Thursday, January 7, 2010

What is the best brand and type of oil for a Suzuki GSXR?

I have a '04 GSXR and using conventional castrol. Are there any benefits if I switched to synthetic?What is the best brand and type of oil for a Suzuki GSXR?
i have personally always used Mobil 1 synthetic in both my 1998 gsxr 750 and 2004 gsxr 600. I think synthetics are much more consistent and more durable oils. They dont tend to thermally break down as much, which means they protect better for longer (typically).What is the best brand and type of oil for a Suzuki GSXR?
I would suggest Amsoil. I've had great experience with their products and even though they are expensive I have never heard a single bad thing about it. But when you're talking about synthetic oil, for the most part, you can't go wrong. DO NOT skimp out on the filter, though. Report Abuse

The best oil is the manufactures oil. Honda-lube for Honda's, Yama-lube for Yamaha's %26amp; Suzuki-lube for Suzuki's. All performance spec. are based on using their oil. They have teams of engineers dedicated to just oil. Now you can put all kinds of other oil in your bike, they are all good lubricants. But the flat out best oil for your bike is gonna be Suzuki-lube. Thats what it was made to use.
synthetic oil does protect your engine better then conventional oil. i like castrol 20:50.
Mobile 1 15/50 with the gold cap..... That's what i've used in my 00' cbr929rr....
if you had read ur owners manual u would no wat they perfer u to use.
I would recommend Repsol 10W40 synthetic. It will keep everything looking brand new and it will run great. Synthetic will run a lot better than conventional oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment